Approximately 400 people in York Region are estimated to be currently living with HIV. However, many York Region residents are unaware of their HIV status due to lack of information on or access to testing and treatment options.
Additionally, HIV stigma and discrimination remains prevalent leading to a lack of dignified care and support services for people impacted by HIV/AIDS.
Positive change starts with education.
Individuals, community members, and service providers in York Region can connect with ACYR to:
- Learn about risk factors, prevention, testing, and treatment options
- Help end stigma and discrimination
- Get involved and make a difference in your community
Connect with us at 905-884-0613 or email email@example.com to:
- Get information for yourself, friends, family members, or service users
- Request resources and training for your community or service agency
- Learn about volunteer/student placement opportunities