REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Strategic Planning Consultant
Posting date: Friday, March 9, 2018
Questions must be received by: March 14, 2018 (no later than 5:00 PM ET)
Responses to questions: March 19, 2018 (no later than 5:00 PM ET)
Proposal submission deadline: Friday, March 23, 2018 (no later than 5:00 PM ET)
The AIDS Committee of York Region (ACYR) is seeking proposals from qualified consultants to develop a three-year strategic and implementation plan drawing a road map for the Board of Directors to steer the agency’s evolution and directions during 2018-2021. The strategic planning consultant will work with ACYR’s Strategic Planning Committee comprised of members of the Board, staff, and service user community. The goal of the process is to build on the work of our previous strategic plan, analyze findings of recent organizational assessment reports, and shape the organization’s future strategic directions in keeping with existing and new organizational priorities. The strategic planning process will also help ACYR renew its mission, vision, and core values to reflect the agency’s expanding scope of practice.
- Mid-April, 2018: Strategic Planning Consultant on-boarded
- May-July 2018: Environmental scan to analyze strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) and review agency mission, vision and values in order to identify strategic issues
- August-September 2018: Agreement on agency’s strategic directions priorities; Strategic plan drafted, reviewed and approved
- September-end 2018: Strategic plan presented at ACYR’s Annual General Meeting
- October-November 2018: Implementation plan (including evaluation and monitoring criteria) developed
The resulting contract for strategic planning services cannot exceed a determined budget. The fee proposal must include services, touchpoints with board, staff, and stakeholders, costs and all incidentals including travel costs and GST/HST. The request for proposal is up to CAD $16,000. ACYR will source and manage costs associated with meeting venue bookings, refreshments, supplies, graphic design support and printing of the strategic plan.
The consultant to perform a comprehensive community assessment as well as review existing organizational assessment reports to inform the strategic planning process. Stakeholders to be assessed will include ACYR Board members, staff, service users, volunteers, funders, and other key partners in the community (individuals and organizations).
The deliverables from the consultant’s work shall be:
- Strategic Plan
- Implementation Plan
Responses to this RFP will undergo an initial evaluation by the Executive Director who will then present to the Board of Directors for consideration. Preference will be given to consultants who have prior experience working with non-profit organizations, AIDS service organizations (ASOs) as well as organizations serving members of marginalized communities including LGBTQ2S+ and substance using populations. ACYR reserves the right to evaluate proposals received against criteria not included within the agreed requirements and specifications. As a guide, in addition to compliance with the requirements set out within this document, the following criteria will form a part of ACYR’s evaluation:
- Consultant’s approach to the RFP process, including understanding of scope and requirement and value generated
- Relevant experience of consultant, including prior strategic planning with similar organizations
- Pricing and ability to deliver according to timeline
ACYR Rights and Assumptions
- All responses provided may, at ACYR’s discretion, form part of any terms of acceptance with the successful consultant and be included in any future contracts with the consultant in relation to this RFP.
- ACYR reserves the right to request and approach references.
- ACYR reserves the right to reject any or all responses to this Request for Proposal.
- All costs for preparing and submitting your proposal are to be borne by consultant. ACYR accepts no obligations to reimburse any consultant for any costs associated with preparing and/or submitting a proposal whether or not the consultant is selected.
- ACYR reserves the right to ask for clarification in the proposal if the need arises.
- The decision to accept or reject your proposal shall be entirely at ACYR’s sole discretion. Any decision to reject a bid shall be final.
Any consultant who is found to be breaking ethical standards at any time shall be disqualified.
Please submit your proposal by the submission deadline in a word or PDF format via email to:
AIDS Committee of York Region
Subject Line: ACYR Strategic Planning RFP Submission
Please ensure that the proposal includes the following:
- A cover letter that includes the responding company name, address, and contact information
- Proposal of services with a preliminary project timeline
- Experience and number of years working with the HIV/AIDS or non-profit sector
- Proposal fees including unit costs for project components
- Names of individuals who will be performing the work under this contract and credentials and resumes for these individuals
- A minimum of 2 references
- Consultant Services Contract, if available
If consultant wishes to provide additional information that has not been requested but is relevant to a particular component, please include that information with your proposal. Please do not include generic marketing documentation.