Join our team as a volunteer and make a difference in your community. Gain experience, create values and make meaningful contributions.
ACYR highly values the dedication and generosity of our volunteers. Volunteers are a vital link in our efforts to end HIV/AIDS stigma and discrimination. Join our team as a volunteer and make a difference in your community.
Volunteers are matched with specific programs depending on their interests, skills, experience and the needs of the agency. For more information, please contact:
Communications & Operations Manager
905-884-0613 x 203
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- Office/Administrative support
Filing, organizing/maintaining inventory, data entry and other administrative needs
- Sorting clothing/donations for clients
Monthly clothing donations and gifts for annual Holiday Wish List Program
- Support monthly/annual client events
Client socials, wellness groups and retreats, holiday party, etc.
- Support community outreach & education activities
Tabling/booths at community events, assistance with workshops and events, organizing materials, public speaking as needed
- A Taste for Life: Tasks may include soliciting silent auction donations, promoting fundraiser, facilitating attendance, donor communications, event hosting, media outreach as needed
- Holiday Wish List Program: Promoting fundraiser, soliciting donations, donor communications
- Ongoing agency fundraising activities: Support with donor prospecting and relationship building, grant research and writing, and donor database management
- Serve on the Board of Directors