The Youth Sexual Health Action Committee encourages educating, advocating, and acting as a resource for youth (17 years- 24 years) in York Region with a focus on sexual health, harm reduction, and sex positivity.
We are a Committee of youth aged 17-24 representative of the diversity of York Region who are committed to sexual health promotion for youth.
Individuals, community members, and service providers in York Region can connect with ACYR to:
- To network with Committee members to share knowledge, best practices and resources
- To raise awareness of sexual health needs of youth in York Region
- To provide Committee members with necessary tools to promote STI and HIV awareness
- To plan and develop a sexual health awareness campaign for youth in York Region
YSHAC Core Values:
We believe in:
- Being trustworthy
- Having open and honest dialogue
- Accepting diversity
- Having an approachable attitude
- Promoting cultural sensitivity
- And last but not least, teamwork
How to get involved:
Contact the program coordinator to get more information about the group or to volunteer.
Community Engagement Coordinator
Tel: 905-884-0613, Ext. 207